Sunday, November 30, 2008

Five Years

November 30th.

Five years to the day since my Mother departed this goodly earth.

The Man and I went to Mom's grave today...just because I had to. It's something I need to do every so often.

We've had a lot of snow lately, as you can see. I had to dig to find the stone - and even then, I found it iced over. Not that her stone reveals any great truths to me or anything...I just wanted to see it...see her name. Sadly, I couldn't get all the ice off it as I only had my keys to work with, and I feared scratching the marble surface.





I guess it was about five years ago today that I started despising Christmas. The yuletide season was always my mother's favourite. She wanted the tree up, the lights on the house and garland on the banisters the minute the jack-o-lantern was gone.

It seems strange that this time of 'giving and generosity' took from me one of the best things in my life.

Christmas sucks.

So does cancer.

I miss you, Mom.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It doesn't feel like it has been that long does it.

Maybe you should start to enjoy the season again. Take over the tradition, light it up. For her.

Much love, Sister-Friend

PS ... I agree, cancer sucks.