Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chili Weather

I made chili for supper tonight.

I love chili, especially on days like this. It's cold and snowing - and chili is warm and satisfying.

More often than not when I make chili, I will buy bread bowls to serve it in. Less dishes, and yummy bread to boot. However, I didn't have a vehicle today - so no bread bowls.

I decided to make beer muffins with cheese and bacon instead. They are absolutely delicious, and go exceptionally well with chili. Not only that - they are the easiest thing in the world to make.

Trust me - people will think you're a frickin' kitchen genius with these babies.

Check it out:

Three cups all-purpose flour
Five teaspoons baking powder
Three quarters of a teaspoon of salt

Four tablespoons of white sugar

One half cup of cooked, crumbled
bacon
One cup grated cheddar cheese

One bottle of beer

Two tablespoons melted butter


Preheat oven to 350F and grease muffin tins.

Measure dry ingredients into bowl.
Stir in bacon and cheese
and pour beer over top, stirring to blend.
Spoon into pans & brush tops with melted butter.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

Makes 9 lg muffins.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got beer in my muffin!


Two great tastes that taste great together.

Jenn said...

Hey ... chili is on my list to make today if I ever get my lazy ass off this computer.

Your muffin looks delicious ;)