Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sleezy Like Sunday Morning


R-i-i-i-i-i-i-n-g....R-i-i-i-i-i-i-n-g

'Zzz....zz...ghmm..."

R-i-i-i-i-i-i-n-g
~fumble~

"...ugh....hello?"

"Mrs. Arscott?"

"... mmhmm"

"Congratulations! You have won an all-expense
paid trip to..."

~click~

8:22 am.

8:22 AM - ON A SUNDAY!!!

Ya know, I distinctly recall putting my name and
number on a DO NOT CALL list.

This has given credence to my belief that whoever is
behind this No-Contact list is a diabolical genius.

I swear that whoever this mastermind is, he has taken
all the names of people who do not want this kind of
invasion and sold the damned list to telemarketers.

I realize that telephone sales generate millions of
dollars and companies that use such tactics provide
thousands of jobs. Everyone needs a job - of that there
is no question.

BUT - do they have to call before noon on weekends -
or any day for that matter?

Also, does anyone really fall for that 'won a free trip to...'
crap? If it sounds too good to be true, then 9 times out
of 10 it is. Besides, I don't enter contests - it gets your
name on CONTACT LISTS!

Sensing a pattern here?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder if people even buy things over the phone...