Monday, February 2, 2009

Work Weak


You know...4:00 AM comes really early.
Especially when you aren't used to things like
alarm clocks anymore. It took me about five
minutes to figure out what that annoying noise
was.

Today is the day I return to work.

Yippee.

I suppose I should be thankful that I am well
enough to do so - and yet, a very large part
of me wants to get back in bed, curl up in a ball
and forget that place even exists.

I'm afraid.

Afraid of relapse...afraid of having to field all the
stupid questions I am no doubt going to get...afraid
of stressing out and going postal. All these things
and more keep on clamoring around in my brain - and
I've only had one cup of coffee!! It's too damned
early for this kinda thing...

Well, they can't expect miracles on my first day back,
can they? Knowing my boss, I'm sure I'm already
three miracles behind.

Should I survive the day, I'll let you know how
it goes.

♪♫ Hi-ho...Hi-ho ♫♪

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Lots of hugs and good thoughts for you, Sister-Friend.

Je t'aime.