Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Funny Feelings


Ever get the feeling you're the butt of some cosmic joke that
everyone is in on but you? Or, as Ian Anderson so eloquently said "Do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damned real and in the present tense...or that everybody's on the stage and it feels like you're the only person sitting in the audience..."

Conversations suddenly stop when you show up...and
snickering resumes upon your departure. Sounds like
paranoia, I know - but I've never been the most self-
confident grape on the vine.

Besides...every once in a while, the paranoids are right;
Someone really IS out to get them.

I've got no problem laughing at myself - hell, i do it all
the time. I've got faults aplenty and more than a few
foibles too. I just want to know what's so funny this time
so I can enjoy the joke too - even if it is at my expense.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Is someone out to get you? Do I need to come there and take care of someone for you??

Hmmm?

Unknown said...

I hate that feeling :( I love that quote though, its perfect fit. I love reading your blog so don't stop! LOL