Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To Everything There Is A Season

Looking out my window, I gaze at the sea of fallen leaves that covers my lawn; the squirrels running back and forth, clipping the last of the wild grape from the vines along the fence. Geese gather in huge gaggles on the river, resting up for their long flight south. The raccoons feast on the frost-bitten apples still clinging to the trees. The call of the Winter's herald is heard on the night wind.

It's that time of the year again.

That time when every Canadian rummages through their closets and dressers for that one sweater. The sweater that not only keeps them warm - but announces to all and sundry who they are and what they stand for.

That's right.

It's HOCKEY SEASON!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

GO SENS!!!

Thank the heavens for Centre Ice!! I would be lost without it! I can't wait for Saturday!!