Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cake-ophony

Cake.

Is there anything more perfect? I don't think so.

Of all the comestibles one can create, only cake is so perfect that people will find any excuse to celebrate in order to partake of its goodness. Birthday cake, wedding cake, anniversary cake, christening cake...the list goes on and on.

I have often been invited to parties and get-togethers for this reason or that, and usually only have one question. Will There Be Cake? If the answer is yes, more often than not, I'll make an appearance. I mean, after all...free cake!

I baked not one but two cakes this passed weekend. One mocha-pecan number with rich chocolate icing, and a caramel apple coffee cake. Both of which are delicious and disappearing rapidly.

Cake. Comfort food of the gods.

Marie Antoinette may have been misunderstood when she said 'Let them eat cake'...but I take her words to heart. I do eat cake. Often.

The comic below was sent to me some time ago by His Grace, Drachma. It's from Penny Arcade Comics (one of the best web-comics out there) It's nice to be understood by friends. =)

Happy Sunday, everyone. Shall we celebrate with Cake?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cake!

Jenn said...

I absolutely LOVE that apple cake. I don't make it anymore because I don't have anyone to eat it with me. But yes, cake cures what ails and makes the world a much better place.

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!