Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Music of Your Life


For those of you who know me, you know that there is rarely a time that I'm not listening to music. It's just one of those things. I need music in order to function...

Lately, I rediscovered Last.FM - and I'm enjoying it immensely. I had created an account with them years ago but forgot all about it. Now I am using it even as we speak.

This wonderful site allows you to program your own radio station, playing only the artists you choose - or, if you prefer, choose a group/artist you enjoy and let Last select other artists similar to that one for you. Last FM can be used directly through itunes, Winamp, Mediaplayer and several other applications. It is as versatile as it is wonderful.

You can also find friends according to musical tastes and check out what they're listening to as well. The site is international and it furthers the belief that music is the universal language. It is both strange and wonderful to know that people in the Ukraine, Iceland, Spain and the Hawaiian Islands all share my love of Steely Dan.

I have had the pleasure of being added to a few friends lists and have been introduced to some very good music - by artists I had been previously unaware of.

If, like me, you love music and have the desire to expand your library or are looking for music that you haven't heard since you were knee high to a duck, I strongly recommend Last.FM.

Check it out - you won't be sorry.

Incidentally, if you want to see what I listen to - add me to your friends list...I'm listed under Cordyn (of course).

A caveat, however; my musical tastes are far from mainstream and run the gamut between Bach and Black Sabbath.

No comments: